Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Global account name changes

From: "Sandford, Doug" <doug () UA EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:57:40 -0600

Have any of you entertained the idea of(or succeeded in) the process of
changing account naming schemes? It seems for years accounts have been
assigned to faculty, staff and students based in part on some piece of
their name i.e., JDOE, DOE001, JOHN.DOE and so forth.

It sounds painful to some and I have been tasked with posing the
question to other institutions for suggestions, experiences, and
potential roadblocks to success. Feel free to respond to me offline if
you wish .

Thanks for your help.

Doug Sandford

University of Alabama