Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

InfoSec Office Space Survey

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:02:04 -0500

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to get an understanding of where you or your department is physically located.
1. Do you sit in cubicles surrounded by other IT or network staff?
2. Do you have your own space (regardless of size or lack there-of)?
3. If applicable what does your space look like - one office, 2 offices and a conference room, etc.
4. If you share space with other departments how do you handle keeping investigations, confidential conversations or
incidents private?

If you decide to respond please respond directly to me off-list and I will compile the results and post them to the
list.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin
MS,CISM, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, PMP, ITIL Manager Certified
Assistant Vice President, Information Security & Special Projects
University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177