Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Faculty & Staff E-mail Forwarding to Outside Providers

From: Bob Kalal <kalal.1 () OSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:25:16 -0500

A quick poll after reading Frank's note ...

Does your public institution operate under state or local laws, rules, or policies that:

- Prohibit the storage of state or institution data or sensitive information on non-state/institution or personal computers or devices?

- Require encryption of state or institution data or sensitive information during transmission in a non-secured telecommunications environment?

Thanks, I'll summarize for the list.

Bob Kalal
Director, IT Policy
THE Ohio State University