Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Virtualization and Security ?

From: Clifford Collins <collinsc () FRANKLIN EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:06:00 -0500

I applaud everybody's efforts to secure their VMware environments. I too am in the process of arguing for similar "best
practices" as we deploy VMware.  However, I'm getting pushback because the decision-makers have not heard of any
industry "best practices" to justify the extra work and expense. Would any of you please bring to my attention
documentation to justify our position? Thanks in advance for the help!

Clifford A. Collins
Information Security Officer
Franklin University
201 South Grant Avenue