Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Physical Security - How many IT Departments have Restricted Access?

From: Theresa Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:50:50 -0500

Our IT department is in an open classroom building on the main floor.  We do
not have any formal entrance nor do we have a reception area.  Our hallway
offices are the main pass through to another building that was adding to the
campus around 8 year ago.  The datacenter is in the middle of this area,
with glass walls that we painted sometime in the early 1990s.  At least the
datacenter doors have keycode access.

Theresa Rowe