Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

MacOS and McAfee VirusScan

From: David Seidl <dseidl () ND EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:08:03 -0400

We are seeking peer feedback on the use of McAfee VirusScan for MacOS.

If your organization is currently using it, are you:

1. Using it successfully with FileVault?
2. Have you documented any known issues with the software, or have you deployed any hotfixes?
3. Are you using it with ePO?

If you have tested VirusScan for OSX and selected another product in the past 6 months, or have stopped using it, and
can share your reasons why, we would also be interested in those data points.

Please feel free to reply directly to me offlist if you prefer. If there is list interest, I will provide a anonymized
summary of results.

Thanks!

David

David Seidl, CISSP, GCIH                       dseidl () nd edu
University of Notre Dame, Office of Information Technologies