Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

INFORMATION SECURITY PUBLIC POLICY

From: "Dark, Melissa Jane" <dark () PURDUE EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:02:32 -0400

I am asking people in several different groups to respond to a few questions about information security public policy
and I think that is an interesting group to poll.

Assuming that public policy is whatever government chooses to do or not to do, when you think of the current state of
affairs relative to the state of information security, what do you think are the most significant issues?  For example,
are we lacking in certain types of policies?  If so, what?  Are we failing to explore alternatives in a rigorous
manner?  If yes, for instance...Are we lacking in policy implementation?  If yes, what example comes to mind quickly?

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts.

Melissa J. Dark, PhD
Assistant Dean/Professor
College of Technology