Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RT-IR experiences

From: "E. Todd Atkins" <todd.atkins () UCSB EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:13:04 -0700

On Aug 4, 2008, at 2:01 PM, John Hoffoss wrote:

We're currently using RT to manage our infrastructure ticketing. I'm
curious what benefits you have derived from utilizing both RT and RT-
IR over simply using RT.

I use it over plain RT because I can group tickets from many different
sources and put them under the same single ticket in the Incidents
queue. RT-IR will neatly display all tickets in the Incident Reports,
Investigation, and Blocks queues since they are essentially child
tickets of a given ticket in the Incidents queue.

E. Todd Atkins
Office of Information Systems and Technology
University of California, Santa Barbara