Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Confidentiality Agreement with third party vendor

From: Jeff Holden <JHolden () MTSAC EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:57:21 -0700

Do any of you have a confidentiality agreement they can share with me on
or off list.  I need one pertaining to a third party that is going to
convert data from one format to another.  All the confidentiality
agreements I have found are more structured to business use or for
research data.  I want it to include clauses that data is only to be used
for the intended purpose of converting formats, won't be transmitted
unencrypted, won't be disclosed to anyone,  will be disclosed to us if
their security is breached, and that the data will securely be deleted
after the process is complete and any other standard clauses needed to
CMA.

Thanks,
Jeff Holden, CISSP, RHCE
Manager, Network & Data Security