Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: XP SP3?

From: Alex <alex.everett () UNC EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:22:57 -0400

Mike:

The below document discusses a few, for example:

1. Support for Microsoft NAP (network access protection)
2. Updated support for WPA2
3. RDP 6.1 (supports TLS)
4. More descriptive text for security-related control panel options
5. SHA2 support for X.509 and FIPS 140-2 support for cryptographic modules
6. Tool to simplify creation of IPSec policies

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=68c48dad-bc34-40be-
8d85-6bb4f56f5110&displaylang=en

-Alex