Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Wireless 802.1x Windows 2008 Server Client Configuration

From: Daniel Bennett <dbennett () PCT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:32:52 -0400

Has anyone out there success fully used SecureW2 with a Windows 2008 NPS Server?  If so, I would be interested in
hearing about the server config and/or client config.  I need an automated way to get our student XP and Vista machines
configured for our secure wireless.  The only free option I have found is SecureW2 and I keep getting "The client could
not be authenticated  because the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Type cannot be processed by the server. "
Right now the only way we can tell students to connect is by manually setting up the connection with 4 or 5 page
instructions.

Daniel R. Bennett
CompTIA Security+
Information Technology Security Analyst