Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Graphing Snort Data

From: "Halliday,Paul" <Paul.Halliday () NSCC CA>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:16:31 -0300

I maintain a project that can create rudimentary graphs from snort data:
http://squert.sourceforge.net/screen.php

 it requires the DB structure that Sguil uses (which you should be using
anyway J): http://sguil.sourceforge.net/

Further if you did happen to use Sguil, you can leverage the work that
David Bianco has done which produces some fancy PDF's with Birt:
http://nsmwiki.org/index.php?title=Sguil_Reports_with_BIRT_HOWTO

All of these projects are maturing quite quickly and unless you have the
coin for aanval (or sourcefire) you should really check them out.

Oh, and don't let the fact that Sguil is coded in TCL scare you J. I
monitor 15 100M links in real time with it.

</plug>

Good luck.

------

Paul Halliday