Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

statistics for DMCA notifications?

From: Tim Cline <tcline () EMAIL UNC EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:58:04 -0400

I would be interested in communicating off-list with anyone who would
care to share their institutional statistics regarding number of DMCA
notices received in the past several years. Academic year 2007-08 would
be OK, 2006-07 and 2007-08 would be even better. At this juncture, I am
just interested in raw annual figures, e.g. 'for 2007-8 we received a
total of 50 (500, 5000) notifications'.

I would be happy to share our stats with any correspondents. I am
interested in getting these figures to have something to compare ours
against. If anyone is aware of some central clearinghouse where similar
stats are already available, I would be grateful if you could pass along
any information about where such a resource is located.

Regards,
Tim Cline

Tim Cline
Information Security Analyst