Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: User Account Control in Windows Vista

From: "Brian K. Doré" <bkd () LOUISIANA EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:50:40 -0500

With Group Policy you have a lot more granular control of UAC than just turning it on or off.   Depending on what
exactly is causing you problems you may be able to tweak it so that you still get some of the benefits like the
Protected Mode of Internet Explorer or registry/folder virtualization.

Unfortunately my practical experience is limited as we've stuck with XP here.  There just hasn't been any compelling
reason (or demand) for Vista.

Brian