Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Astaro Security Gateway

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:18:44 -0500

Bernie,
  We are in the process of purchasing an Astaro 320 for one of our internal areas.  We installed a demo and were
pleased with the functionality for the price.  While it wasn't top of the line, it did what we needed (both bridging
and routing firewall, IPS) for a small $$$ footprint.  We did do a cost comparison with Cisco (we currently run ASAs at
the perimeter) that, er, went favorably for Astaro. We will be working with it a lot in the next few weeks, I would be
happy to provide you feedback directly.

Thanks,
Corbett Consolvo
Senior Information Security Analyst