Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: CheckPoint vs ASA

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:54:10 -0400

Echo the management comment about ASDM.  I learned PIX management and
configuration on command line and was reluctant to use the ASDM, but now
I do most changes and maintenance through the GUI.  We migrated from PIX
to ASA 5500 this summer seamlessly.

The Cisco VPN client can be repackaged with preconfigured settings, so
rolling out VPN to previous users was painless.  I have the installer
out on our portal and just sent an email with the instructions.  So far
I have no complaints.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Cisco support.
Documentation is always out there, updates are easy to find, tech
support calls are resolved in a timely fashion.