Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fraudulent Facebook Profile

From: "Maloney, Michael" <mmaloney () MIDDLESEXCC EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:01:18 -0500

Another avenue is Facebook's PR people.   Ask your PR department to contact their PR department and explain the
situation to them.  Nothing can put a screeching halt to something faster than the PR folks saying "This will not bode
well for us in the public eye".

We got Google hacked awhile back.  Going thru the normal channels had no effect.   One phone call from our PR guy to
their PR dept and the information was off of Google before we knew it.

Mike Maloney
Sr. System Engineer
Middlesex County College
2600 Woodbridge Avenue