Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: consequences for student hacking

From: Eric Case <ecase () EMAIL ARIZONA EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:31:24 -0700

At 10:19 PM 2/19/2008 -0400, Halliday,Paul wrote:
If I happen to be 'passively' collecting data that 'your' network
happens to be providing me with, have I done something wrong?

     (I'm not a lawyer.)  What would the cell phone companies say to
this?  What would the FFC say?  What are your terms of service?

     The terms of service at Boise State restrict the use of some tools: