Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Social Network Analysis

From: Wayne Smith <wayne.smith () CSUN EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:42:23 -0800

Mr. Hord,

In addition to a deep literature review, I recommend asking your
question to the UCINET group.  See:

        http://www.analytictech.com/ucinet/UCINET_list.htm

UCINET is the one of the popular software tools used for SNA and these
folks can provide some pointers (to articles and researchers, not just
help with the software).

You might also want to skim the abstracts (and later, the proceedings)
of the the major conference in the field (INSNA) that will occur in two
weeks.  See:

        http://www.insna.org/2008/Sunbelt_28_Program.pdf

For example, one of the papers to be presented is entitled "Monitoring
Corporate Password Sharing Using Social Network Analysis".  Not quite
terrorism, per se, but most likely within your scope of interest (and of
this email group).

Cordially,

Wayne Smith
Lecturer
Department of Management
CSU Northridge

savanted1© wrote:
Dear, Esteemed Forum Professionals

First, as a new participant I would like to introduce myself and give a
little insight on my background.  I am a Towson University student
/ constituent of information assurance in relation to computer science
and mathematics.  I am a dictionary of occupational trades  designated
person of number (D.O. T.#  033.362-010) whom will be concentrating on
computer virology within the skillset.  I am wondering if  anyone has
any refernce material on social network analysis in relatio towads
identifying both threats and targets of both Al-Qaeda and virtual
extremism. This stems form myslef initializing documentation on virtual
extremism for us all to enhance our professioanl development and
knowledge within the skillset to further mentor others.  Please feel
free to respond via electronic mail.  Thank You and best wishes for us
all here on the list group.

Very Respectfully

Savanted1®
Mr. Garrett Hord
ACFE Associate Member
ACP International
Infragard Baltimore Chapter

__|__
-@--@--(_)--@--X--
savanted1 () yahoo com
savanted1 () hotmail com
savanted1 () netscape com
Innovations At The Speed Of A Thought®
You Cannot Do Today's Work With Yesterday's Skills®
It Is Wise To Educate A Child Than To Raise An Adult®
Knowledge is power so do not abuse the priviledge of knowing some of it
and not all of it®
http://www.securitytalks.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/savantedlyspeaking/
This electronic message contains information which may be privileged
and/or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the
individual(s) or entity named/indicated above. If you are not the
identified/intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this message/information is
prohibited.

it now.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ