Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blackhole DNS.

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:44:03 -0600

We are using http://malwaredomains.com/.  We redirect them to a simple page saying that, well, we redirected them.  The
page contains this:

The link you just clicked on is associated with a known infected/malicious web page.
We have redirected you to this web page for your safety.

Along with some contact info.  There has been one issue with Wired magazine, apparently they host some stuff with a
somewhat suspicious site.  We went ahead and exempted them, other than that we have had no complaints.

Thanks,
Corbett Consolvo
Information Security Analyst
Texas State University