Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Related Questions

From: Daniel Bennett <dbennett () PCT EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:35:57 -0400

I used nessus here for a little while.  However, with the most in-depth scans it was causing servers to go down
randomly.  The servers would see the attacks and shutdown NIC, services, etc.  So we purchased GFILan Guard Network
security Scanner and that product has almost the same size database of vulnerabilities as nessus and has a lot better
reporting features.

Daniel R. Bennett
CompTIA Security+
Information Technology Security Analyst