Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Related Questions

From: "Sabo, Eric" <Eric.Sabo () CUP EDU>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:15:55 -0400

We started to use nessus to scan our current infrastructure for vulnerabilities.   If anyone use this product in their
environment, I have a couple of questions.

We are looking into using the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) in Windows 2003 to secure our servers.  If anyone did
this what was pros and cons to using this tool.   In academic environment we have to be careful on how tight we
configure certain things but at the same time we are being asked to secure the environment.

Thanks in advance,
Eric Sabo
Senior Windows Systems Engineer
Department of Computing Systems