Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cisco VPN concentrator Replacement Recommendation Needed

From: schilling <schilling2006 () GMAIL COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:58:10 -0400

Hi all,

We are considering replacing our current VPN concentrator since it's EOL.
Now our main consideration is either Cisco ASA5520/ASA5540 or  Juniper
SA2000/SA4000. Our Core network is Cisco centric for now, the VPN is
primarily IPSec remote access with few  site-to-site tunnels. We would like
to use SSL VPN for the future. We did some evaluation last year on Juniper
SA2000, it's really impressive in terms of  Role Mapping with LDAP
authentication(We have campus wide iPlanet LDAP infrastructure).  Would you
kindly share your thoughts on the VPN solutions?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Schilling