Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Encrypted email

From: Heather Flanagan <heatherf () STANFORD EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:52:41 -0700

Hi Mike -

Voltage would have been better if we hadn't been required to "brand" it. If we could have gone with a very black box-like solution, I think we'd have had better luck. As is, my technical staff greatly fear the fragility of this service.

Between you and me, the problem Stanford has with encrypted email like this isn't the product, it's the various constituent requirements like branding, having this as convenient as "regular" email, and so on.

Thanks!