Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outsourced e-mail archiving

From: Jon Mitchiner <jon.mitchiner () GALLAUDET EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:42:54 -0400

We have outsourced our e-mail to Google Mail as of March 3rd.  We've also
entered a contract with Postini prior to March 3rd to handle e-mail
archiving for all users to handle e-discovery requests.

One of the nice features of Postini is they provide an "audit" log for
searches.  Assuming if you give 3 people the ability to search, someone can
"oversee" what they are searching for, in case if the system is being used
inappropriately.

Jon