Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outside Entities Computers

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:26:46 -0600

We have a separate network for outside use.  If it isn't managed by our
central IT department, it doesn't go on our internal network.  The
"public" network is logically located outside our firewalls and is
protected by its very own firewall.  To gain access to the "public"
network you must login using a student, employee, or pre-generated guest
account.

--

Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Network Security System Administrator

(417) 447-7535