Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Full Disk Encryption

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:59:02 -0500

Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl) wrote:

·         have any of you successfully implemented an encrypted folder
option that is being consistently followed by your community members?

·         Have any of you implemented an encrypted folder option that
you would call a failure as people aren’t using it in a consistent manner?

We're just starting to roll out TrueCrypt to our mobile users as part of
an encrypted folder strategy. If anyone has tips on making users
actually use the technology properly, I'm sure I'm not the only one
who'd be interested in hearing them.

--Matt

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-2403
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu