Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations on Email Filtering System

From: Vuong Phung <vphung () SCIENCE SJSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:02:52 -0800

Tony, I used to use Tiger on PowerMac G5. Tiger (now Leopard) comes with a lot of services that you can turn on and
configure to what you need and two of them are SpamAssissin and ClamAV for spam and virus filtering. It also uses
Postfix where you can easily tweak it to block file attachment and so fore. For about $2,500 for a Mac Pro machine you
have more than just anti-spam and virus but a lot of other features that you can take advantage of later
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse
<http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=7B72365D&node=home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro>
 &mco=7B72365D&node=home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro

You can look here for configuration http://www.angeltech.us/?RESOURCES:Technical_How_To:Apple
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vuong Phung
Systems Administrator