Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anyone using OCTAVE process?

From: Brad Judy <Brad.Judy () COLORADO EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:10:18 -0600

While we're not using OCTAVE directly, it was one of several risk
assessment/analysis/management resources that went into the development
of the process we use:
http://www.colorado.edu/its/security/itriskmanagement/

I need to update the version of the document on the website as it
doesn't include the important interview stage, but this is what I'm
using at the moment.

The next step for me is coming up with a much quicker version for lower
risk departments.  The full version is heavily facilitated and take a
lot of time.

Brad Judy

IT Security Office
University of Colorado at Boulder