Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Guest wireless access at University Conference Centers

From: Brenda B Gombosky <brenda.gombosky () LOUISVILLE EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:46:26 -0400

We do much the same thing - we have a web app  that Faculty or Staff (no students) can request a sponsored Wireless
account for up to 7 days for an individual.  However, this is not secured, we set it up via the guests MAC address.
Cal, is your guest access secure.

Brenda B. Gombosky, CISSP, CISM, CHSP
Director, Information Technology
University of Louisville
Miller IT Center, Room 109
Louisville, KY 40292
(502)852-5037
(502)419-6689

Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM> 9/18/2007 4:26 PM >>>