Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Coincidence or bold spammer?

From: Bob Mahoney <bobmah () MIT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:31:34 -0400

On Apr 12, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Magdalena Błaszczyk wrote:

I am really sorry you found my email SPAM. It was not. I just wanted to invite
all of you to cooperation. Is it a sin?

Well, it is a real magazine I have actually read, so I'd vote "no" here.

Authors have to come from somewhere... and security professionals are notoriously over-busy. Magazines, conferences, and publishing houses have to work hard to find content. And we'd all like quality content to be available, right?

Most of what I've seen on the list lately have been meta-discussions focused on vendor roles and what is or isn't valuable list traffic. I half-seriously wonder if there needs to be a SECURITY-DISCUSS list apart from the DISCUSS-SECURITY list... :-)

-Bob