Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Coincidence or bold spammer?

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:24:59 -0500

Personally I have enough going on such that spam and
cold calls are not a problem.  I've pretty much resigned
myself to the fact that this is the price of doing business
online.  Perhaps some might say that's a defeatist attitude.
I'd counter it's realistic.  With a good set of filters and
caller ID, this can become a very manageable problem.

I must also say that I have don't necessarily consider
every unsolicited contact to be spam.  My job is security.
I would rather somebody target me for information about a product,
that relates to security, than all the cruft about penny
stocks, OEM software, and cheap drugs.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.