Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Training advice

From: Sarah Stevens <sarah () STEVENS-TECHNOLOGIES COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:29:02 -0700

I also took the GCIA course (503) from SANS and highly recommend the course for anyone looking to improve their
intrusion detection skills.  The course uses Snort as an example, but leaves you thinking a lot about other
opportunities for intrusion detection as well.  You should have a fair background in TCP/IP prior to taking the course,
but it sounds as though you probably have a good handle on that.  There is actually a quiz of items that you should
know prior to taking the course.  SANS offers the course on their website in an "OnDemand" program.  Here is a link to
the TCP/IP quiz.:  http://www.sans.org/training/tcpip_quiz.php

Let me know if I can help you anymore.

Sincerely,

Sarah Stevens