Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Training advice

From: John Piercy <jpiercy () RANDOLPHCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:40:51 -0400

I have really liked SANS' course offerings. The instruction has a good
pace and is delivered by superbly qualified industry professionals. They
also do some heavy discounting for .edu clients. Check out the available
course descriptions at http://www.sans.org/training/courses.php

The training best suited to you will depend largely on you and your
environment. I will say that I've taken two of the 5-day courses:
Intrusion Detection In-Depth and Hacker techniques, Exploits, and
Incident Handling. They were both fantastic.

Good luck in your new pursuit!

John Piercy
Network Manager
Randolph College*
2500 Rivermont Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 24503
jpiercy () rmwc edu

*founded as Randolph-Macon Woman's College