Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sophos Anti-Virus

From: "Gregg, Christopher S." <CSGREGG () STTHOMAS EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:12:44 -0500

Similar story here for us.  We have been using Sophos as our campus-wide AV
solution for about 4-5 years now.  We had some of the same problems
mentioned by others such as client update problems, but nothing that seemed
excessive.  Since upgrading to the new version in February things have been
going much better.  The new version caught a lot of viruses that the old
version didn't, and the new version has a spyware/malware scan that caught a
lot of junk that was out their in our desktop fleet.  The only negative I
have heard is that the new version takes up a significant amount of RAM
(~33MB) compared to the old version.

Chris Gregg

Director of Information Security
Information Resources and Technologies