Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Portable Wireless Covert Video System

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:31:38 -0400

Our Security Office is requesting a portable Wireless Covert Video system
that can be easily moved and setup in various campus locations and would be
completely transparent to anyone in that area.  Most of what I've seen on
the Internet are the cheap home type of systems. ala "nanny cams" and such.
Ideally the system would have it's own DVR and the ability to send an
encypted video stream both with a watermark that would hold up in court to
prove no tampering of the images has occured.

Has anyone had any experice with such systems?  I would appreciate any
suggestions or advice you could share.

Thanks in Advance.

---
Dave Koontz