Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: sync general user accounts to SIS accounts ?

From: "Gregg, Christopher S." <CSGREGG () STTHOMAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:37:51 -0500

Mike,

We currently use a separate ID# and PIN for accessing the SIS (Banner)
system.  However, we are working on an Identity Management (IDM) project
this summer that will allow us to synch most account types, including
e-mail, course management, SIS, etc.  Synching up our Banner self-service
accounts will probably be in phase II of the IDM project, but that is where
we are headed.

Chris

Chris Gregg
Director of Information Security
Information Resources and Technologies
University of St. Thomas
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota 55105
csgregg () stthomas edu <mailto:csgregg () stthomas edu>

PS - I'm a first time "caller", long time lurker.

  _____