Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

sync general user accounts to SIS accounts ?

From: Michael Fox <Mfox () GEORGIASOUTHERN EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:02:59 -0400

We are looking at implementing a single point of authentication for most of our accounts. I would like to ask what
others are doing in respect to accounts that access your SIS information. For example, faculty that access SIS to enter
student grades. Are you using separate accounts for SIS or are the general accounts being used for this kind of access?

I would like to see a separate account but I am getting the convenience side argument (which I understand).

Any thoughts will be a help.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Fox
Georgia Southern University
Information Technology Services
Office of Information Security
mfox () georgiasouthern edu
(912)871-1592

Jeremiah 29:11-16

NOTE: This email message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in
error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately contact the
sender and delete this email message.