Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HOB and DMCA

From: "Pace, Guy" <gpace () CIS CTC EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:13:10 -0700

We have had similar notices from HBO over the last month or so. Most
have indicated activity more than 9 days and as long as 15 days old. My
anything of value from data that old was negligible. I have yet to see
anything like a reply to email or returned phone call from any of the
senders of these notices--not just from the HBO outfit. I wonder about
the validity of these notices ... enough so that I'm tempted to
recommend they be added to the spam filter.

Guy L. Pace, CISSP
Security Administrator
Center for Information Services (CIS)
3101 Northup Way, Suite 100