Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: physical security of datacenter with hosting services

From: Michael Sana <msana () HPU EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:28:10 -1000

Aloha Bob,

Not sure how your team has addressed PCI compliance, but keep it in mind if your cardholder environment will be inside
this data center, then you may have to take into consideration Requirement 9 of the PCI DSS standard.  Requirement 9
states requirements for restricting access to card holder data, but subsections 9.2 to 9.4  pertain more closely to the
data center itself.  With more people using a centralized data center, you may have to review and reiterate the
policies in place to ensure/maintain compliance.  You can find a copy of the PCI DSS 1.1 here:
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pdfs/pci_dss_v1-1.pdf

mike.sana.