Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN policies.

From: "Scholz, Greg" <gscholz () KEENE EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:42:42 -0400

We have a fairly new solution along these same lines (we still make them
use VPN but run term services over it) and biggest question we have
received is "what about printing?" So I ask the list, "what about
printing?"

I know printing via terminal services is possible but is a bear to
manage and thus far I have taken the stance that it is not supported but
it is not disables so if the user has a printer with native print
drivers that works then good for them.

Thank you,
Gregory R. Scholz
Director of Telecommunications