Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anyone Deployed a Spyware Solution?

From: Justin Dover <Dover () HARPETHHALL ORG>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:45:39 -0500

1.  Webroot Spysweeper Enterprise.
2. Very effective.  Cut help desk calls by atleast 40% last year.
3.  I think it was around $5-$8 a license, but renewal is much cheaper.
4. The client can slow things down a bit on older machines, but you can adjust how much of the CPU the client uses when
it runs.  Great reporting tool, works extremely well.
5. If I had to do it over again I would still get Webroot.  They now offer a antivirus piece that works directly with
the spyware that I am testing out this month.

Justin Dover
Harpeth Hall School
615-346-0082

The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at