Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Proximity Authentication

From: Richard Gadsden <gadsden () MUSC EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:56:59 -0400

Another option for you to consider might be the Blackberry Smart Card
Reader, particularly if you already issue (or plan to issue) smart cards
to your users:

<http://www.blackberry.com/products/accessories/smartcard.shtml>

XyLoc has been in the "proximity" market much longer. I have no direct
personal experience with either product.

-Richard
 --- o ---
 Richard Gadsden
 Information Security Office
 Office of the CIO - Information Services
 Medical University of South Carolina
 Charleston, SC, USA  29425