Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HD destruction

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:57:39 -0500

Personally I think the cost of most drives is cheap.
Depending on the data that is stored on the drive,
I think you're better off just tossing them in the chipper
and being done with it.  Why take a chance that a drive
is not wiped properly, when for very little money you can
just provide a completely new, and blank drive?

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.