Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NAC devices - opinions sought

From: David Gillett <gillettdavid () FHDA EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:45:51 -0800

  We have to be able to work with a lot of private client machines
with minimal support impact, so an agentless (or easy "dissolving
agent") mode is important.  And a "log but don't enforce" mode is
nice, as is the ability to phase in implementation per building or
even per port.
  About 40% of our population are Macintoshes, and most of the
Windows machines aren't in AD.  And our switches aren't Cisco.
  That really only leaves a couple of contenders for each access
control choice.

David Gillett