Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NAC devices - opinions sought

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:41:21 -0500

Consider also Impulse.
http://www.impulse.com/www/index.php

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boyer [mailto:David () BVU EDU]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 5:50 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] NAC devices - opinions sought

Anyone familiar with Ciscos Network Admission Control (formerly Cisco
Clean Access, formerly Perfigo), Juniper Infranet, Symantec Network
Access Control or similar software/appliances?

Like many schools, we have a 1:1 ration of computers to students. We'd
like to avoid letting vulnerable or malware-infected systems onto our
network while simultaneously addressing the infection or vulnerability.
Almost all of our systems are running Windows XP or Windows 2000.

I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with these or
similar solutions. Any open-source solutions that you know of?

Thanks in advance,

David Boyer
Buena Vista University