Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Laptop Encryption Software

From: "Sadler, Connie" <Connie_Sadler () BROWN EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:13:55 -0500

We're using Cyberangel and really like it. It has "lojack" capability
(company claims 80% recovery rate), and an encrypted partition on the
drive. Easy to use.

We have been trying to find something comparable for the Mac, but while
there are options out there, no one has been able to quote anywhere near
a comparable price for us (comparable to Cyberangel). I should also add
that Cyberangel has EXCELLENT support. They support end users and have
7x24 support, so there has been very little impact to our Help Desk.

Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM, GIAC GSLC
IT Security Officer
Brown University Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912
Connie_Sadler () Brown edu