Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI Compliance for external e-commerce vendors

From: Theresa M Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:10:32 -0500

Agree with the other post - ask for their certificate of compliance, or check them out on the Visa web site -

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/cisp_list_of_cisp_compliant_service_providers.pdf

Some vendors will just say they are on the list, and they don't have an actual certificate.  This list shows the List
of Compliant Service Providers, and from that you can confirm that a firm is compliant.  TouchNet, for example, with
its strong presence in higher ed is on this list.

We also write into our contracts that the vendor will provide a statement or certificate of compliance on request, or
periodically (annually) to our risk management area, and that the vendor will maintain compliance for the life of the
contract.