Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Two factor authentication for Banner access

From: Boaz Gelbord <GelbordB () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:15:23 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to this question.

I received the following results:

* Two institutions require token access to Banner (one of them only
requires it for certain access outside of restricted zones).
* Three institutions do not require token access to Banner but would do
so if the costs were lower.
* Two institutions do not require token access and feel their current
security measures are sufficient (Oracle database security, firewalls,
masking of sensitive information, etc).

Regards,
Boaz

Boaz Gelbord