Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Job Posting: Sr. Net Sec Analyst at NYU

From: Brian Smith-Sweeney <bsmithsweeney () NYU EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:21:03 -0500

SENIOR NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY

New York University has an opening for a Senior Network Security Analyst
with the Technology Security Services group in the Division of
Information Technology Services. The Senior Network Security Analyst
position is highly technical, and primarily focused on analysis of
network, system, and intrusion detection data to identify, isolate and
resolve security incidents. Additional responsibilities include
researching security technologies, design and implementation of new
security systems, and risk assessment of technology initiatives
throughout the University.

The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor's degree (not necessarily in
computer science), and have about 5 years of experience working with
information technology or IT security, or an equivalent combination.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is a big plus:
Windows/Active Directory security (workgroup to enterprise), secure
application development, database security, and/or network flow analysis.

The starting salary is based on experience, and is highly competitive
with other higher-ed technology positions. NYU ITS has a strong record
of internal advancement, and offers excellent educational, health,
retirement, and work/life benefits.

The IT security team reports to the Executive Director of Communication
and Computing Services within ITS. The team is composed of a Director,
two Senior Analysts, and one Analyst, with additional graduate and
undergraduate student support. We are responsible for intrusion
detection, incident handling, application assessment, security systems
development, and user awareness and education for the entire university.

NYU ITS operates one of the most dynamic and exciting networks in the
world. We have 50,000 active hosts, spread out over five locations in
Manhattan, which are connected to more than 1 Gbps of Internet and
Internet2 bandwidth. New York University's main campus is located in the
heart of Greenwich Village in New York City, offering a wide array of
social, artistic, and professional opportunities. We are the largest
private University in the country, with over 38,000 full-time students,
and one of the largest employers in New York City, with over 16,000
employees.

To apply on-line visit the NYU BrassRing site here:

https://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=6891&siteid=27

Select "Search openings", then search for keywords "Senior Network
Security Analyst". Please note that some of the specific qualifications
in the official posting are no longer valid.

Please contact me or security () nyu edu if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Smith-Sweeney Sr. Network Security Analyst
ITS Technology Security Services, New York University
bsmithsweeney () nyu edu
http://www.nyu.edu/its/security